Array ( [id] => 1,2,26 [event_category_id] => 33 [show_recurrence] => true [css_class] => single-event-list-class )Array ( [id] => 44 [event_category_id] => 33 [show_recurrence] => true [css_class] => single-event-list-class )
WS&IB Approved – Certification is Valid For 3 Years
Register for this course now
REGISTER NOW – 3 EASY STEPS
- Select a Location Below
- Choose Your Date
- Reserve your Seat
*To reschedule or cancel a course, click hereToronto Locations
No events available...Scarborough Locations
No events available...
Course informationRED CROSS BLENDED STANDARD FIRST AID & CPR/AED COURSE OUTLINE
What is a blended learning first aid course?
Blended learning is a combination of in-class, face-to-face instruction with online instruction. Typically, theory and information are conveyed to the participants outside of the classroom through an online component. This allows for the in-class component to concentrate on skill development and the application of theory. In the case of the Red Cross First Aid courses, a self-paced, online session is completed first, followed by an in-class skills session with a Red Cross First Aid Instructor.
If you would like to organize a private course of 8 or more in your workplace please click here. If you would like to register for our “public course, you will receive your E-PIN (which will allow you to complete your on-line component) within 24 hours.”
Cost: $119.99 for Standard First Aid & CPR/AED Level C and $129.99 for Standard First Aid & HCP CPR/AED
What can a blended learning first aid course do for my workplace?
There are many costs associated with ensuring your workplace is compliant with provincial/territorial workplace insurance requirements. One of the major challenges can be scheduling employee training while ensuring business continuity. Blended learning delivery saves more than eight hours in business downtime per employee!
Conventional training requires an employee to attend a Standard First Aid Course for two full workdays. This training is often staggered to ensure business doesn’t suffer, but sometimes, rescheduling even a portion of an employee’s work time can prove difficult. Blended learning first aid provides a more attractive and flexible alternative.
Employees taking a blended learning course complete a portion of the training on their own time and at their own pace. This can be done over a period of four weeks with employees taking only an hour here or there to complete the online component of the course.
It can be accommodated into the busiest of schedules. Attending the one-day, in-classroom session and passing the knowledge evaluation completes the requirements of the course and provides your employees with the required certification.
Standard First Aid & CPR Blended Learning
- Comprehensive course offering first aid and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home.
- Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines and meets a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR.
- Exceeds standards of similar courses on the market by including injury prevention content, CPR, and AED (automated external defibrillation).
Duration 8 hours online*, 6 - 8 hours in class Instructor Red Cross First Aid Instructor or Instructor Trainer Completion Requirements
- Online completion certificate
- Successfully demonstrate skills and critical steps
- Min. 75% mark for written knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
Certification 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR (Level A, C, or HCP) and AED Recertification 7-9 hours including online component; includes CPR Level C, adheres to local legislation Course Content
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle, and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Includes any other content required by specific legislation
For more information about how blended learning first aid & CPR can work for your business, please contact us at 416-567-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org